Re: Help to view .doc files with no-word.el & antiword please

From: rpd
Subject: Re: Help to view .doc files with no-word.el & antiword please
Date: Mon, 24 Aug 2009 01:57:51 -0700 (PDT)

Hi Joost again
Thanks for your further help.
I am not quite sure what you mean here by 'Shell PATH'

When I open cmd prompt (Vista) I get this in the shell:
----
Microsoft Windows [Version 6.0.6001]
Copyright (c) 2006 Microsoft Corporation.  All rights reserved.

C:\Users\Dad>
----
This directory- C:\Users\Dad - is set as my HOME directory
Do I need to add this directory to my PATH env?

This is confusing to me!
(where win Vista puts Home & where Emacs looks for Home!
Emacs has its own shell!)

I am grateful for your further advice, thanks