Re: Tramp always wants password when using cscope

From: Michael Albinus
Subject: Re: Tramp always wants password when using cscope
Date: Mon, 24 Aug 2009 21:36:33 +0200

Neil Baylis <neil.baylis@gmail.com> writes:

> Hi Michael.

Hi,

> Here are the diffs from the xcscope.el from the cscope-15.6 source:

[...]

That looks OK.

> It seems as though xcscope is starting a new remote cscope process for
> every query. This adds 10 to 20 seconds to each query, on top of the
> time it takes the remote cscope to do the lookup, which is already
> about 15 to 20 seconds. I changed my ssh setup to no longer require
> passwords, but it still incurs these delays.

How have you changed your ssh setup? Do you use ssh-agent?

Do you need to enter your password when you open the first file on the
remote host?

Furthermore, it might be worth to see your Tramp traces. Could you,
please, set tramp-verbose to 6, and show me the traces? They are
configured to never dump your password, but you can check it yourself
again, before sending.

> Thanks,
>
> Neil

Best regards, Michael.