Re: Indent region

From: Lennart Borgman
Subject: Re: Indent region
Date: Mon, 24 Aug 2009 23:51:58 +0200

On Tue, Aug 25, 2009 at 12:13 AM, Rodolfo
Medina<rodolfo.medina@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Aug 24 Rodolfo Medina<rodolfo.medina@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>>> Thanks, but that's the same as `C-u 10 C-x TAB' or `C-M-\': each line of the
>>> region is indented separately, but not the region all together, as in my
>>> example.
>

> Lennart Borgman <lennart.borgman@gmail.com> writes:
>
>> I think some of us are trying to guess what you mean right now. Do you
>> perhaps mean that filling and indenting should work in concert here?
>

> Yes, that's it: sorry for not having been clear.  I'm driving mad about that
> because can't find a solution in Emacs manual, which seems strange.
>
> Any hint??

Can't you just indent first and then fill? Or doesn't that work for
you? (What version of Emacs are you using?)

If you have any better idea for how this could be done, then please
tell us. I can't see how Emacs should know that it should fill to when
it indents, but maybe there could be a command that does both. What do
you think?