cc mode / font-lock help

From: Paul Ellis
Subject: cc mode / font-lock help
Date: Tue, 25 Aug 2009 13:52:58 -0700

I recently upgraded from version 21.3.1 to version 23.1.1.  I am using the ctypes plugin to enhance the syntax highlighting in cc-mode and it appears to have stopped working in version 23.1.1.  I am not very familiar with lisp, but from what I can gather, it adds entries to the c-font-lock-extra-types variable in cc-mode, and that functionality still works.  Once the list is created, however, none of the items in the list for c-font-lock-extra-types are highlighted.

I have tried adding keywords using the font-lock-add-keywords function in my .emacs file and that seems to work just fine.  All of the default syntax highlighting in cc-mode also seems to work fine.  What seems to be broken for me is only the c-font-lock-extra-types list.

As a side not, in trying to figure this out on my own, I noticed that the cc-mode that came with version 23.1.1 is much newer than the last released package on http://cc-mode.sourceforge.net/ and it seems impossible to find an updated version of the ctypes plugin.  Does anyone happen to have a link to the up-to-date websites for these packages, if they exist?