Help to connect to & view ftp server directory/files

From: rpd
Subject: Help to connect to & view ftp server directory/files
Date: Fri, 28 Aug 2009 14:01:28 -0700 (PDT)

Hi
I am trying to find how I can view my website ftp server directories & files
so I can edit & upload/download the files from Emacs. I have previously been
using AceFtp (freeware edition-& very good & useful-can I open/use this from
Emacs?).

Otherwise I have tried M-x ftp in minibuffer & get - ftp to host: - but then
I do not think I am putting in correct file syntax as I do not seem to get
anywhere (except the buffer says ftp mode(?)).
I have searched the internet & seen bits about Ange-ftp & Tramp & org-mode
etc but haven't seen a simple explanation of ftp server access anywhere yet!
(no simple beginner emacs tutorial for this anywhere?!). Can someone please
explain this to me simply?
Later I will be interested in seeing how I can do website development in
Emacs.

For now I am most grateful for help & advice with accessing my ftp server &
look forward to helpful replies. As ever, many thanks