Re: Indenting Emacs Lisp only with tabs?

From: Elena
Subject: Re: Indenting Emacs Lisp only with tabs?
Date: Wed, 2 Sep 2009 06:11:59 -0700 (PDT)

On 2 Set, 12:56, Peter Dyballa <Peter_Dyba...@Web.DE> wrote:
> Am 02.09.2009 um 12:38 schrieb Elena:
>
> > I'd like to use a proportional font, but that messes up indentation.
>
> That's the trouble with proportional fonts...

Well, that's a trouble with editors - like Emacs - where you can't
move characters with pixel precision.

However, if the indenting function does not try to overcome editor's
limitations by adding spaces to line things up, tabs work quite well.

IMO, proportional fonts are way more readable, and they save space.