Re: p tags and indenting in Html Mode

From: Lennart Borgman
Subject: Re: p tags and indenting in Html Mode
Date: Wed, 2 Sep 2009 16:51:10 +0200

On Wed, Sep 2, 2009 at 2:16 PM, Richard Riley<rileyrgdev@googlemail.com> wrote:

> company-mode seems the most promising for general completion of keywords
> and so forth, but does not have the smart completion for tag specific
> attributes you have in nxtml I think (I never used that feature to be
> honest since html tags are pretty limited anyway).

I think you can say that company-mode is akin to completing-read in
the sense that it present the completion candidates to the user, but
it does not know how to get the completion candidates. The way
company-mode presents them looks very nice,

There is also completionUI that is similar in structure. Both these
are distributed with some examples.

I actually wrote a backend for company-mode for nxhtml-mode. It works
pretty nice, but some changes have to be made to company-mode to make
it do everything the current popup menus in nXhtml can do. (There is a
lot the popup menus can't do of course, but I wrote them for nXhtml so
they can do what nxhtml-mode needs.)

When wrote this backend I also noticed a bug in Emacs that prevented
the use overlays the way company-mode uses them. (If someone is
interested and have time to fix this please do.)