Re: Showing all sequences bound to a prefix?

From: Anselm Helbig
Subject: Re: Showing all sequences bound to a prefix?
Date: Wed, 02 Sep 2009 17:35:31 +0200

At Wed, 2 Sep 2009 08:04:28 -0700,
"Drew Adams" <drew.adams@oracle.com> wrote:

> > > how can you know all keybindings which start with a key?
> > For instance,
> > > "C-h c" asks me to enter a key. If I enter "C-w" it waits for more
> > > input, which means that "C-w" is a prefix.
> >
> > Use C-h, e.g. `C-x r C-h' will show you all key bindings starting with
> > `C-x r'.
>
> That doesn't always work. Try C-s C-h, for instance.

C-s is not a key sequence, in that case you can always use C-h k. Do
you have a better example for when C-h breaks? I agree that it is not
guaranteed to work, but it's a well established convention not to bind
C-h in a key sequence to something else.

--
Anselm Helbig
mailto:anselm.helbig+news2009@googlemail.com