Re: Turning off antialiasing

From: Oliver Scholz
Subject: Re: Turning off antialiasing
Date: Wed, 02 Sep 2009 19:24:15 +0200

[...]
> I'm guessing that the effect of antialiasing depends on one's platform to some
> extent. On MS Windows, I wouldn't work without it. (There are some freebie
> tools
> that allow for fine-tuning on Windows, BTW.)

I suspect that it depends much more on how much and what you read
on-screen, and, more importantly how sensitive one is to that blurred
effect. Just like some people get RSI and others don't.

[...]
> A quick search for "antialias" shows that there is an `antialias' font
> property
> for MS Windows (Emacs manual, node Windows Fonts). And the index suggests that
> that is the only help for antialiasing (index entry `font antialiasing (MS
> Windows)'.

I found that, too. There is no such face property on GNU Linux, at least
not in Customize. I have not yet checked whether the necessary mechanics
on the C side are in place. I'll file a bug report eventually, depending
on whether I find the time (and desire) to look into it myself or not.

    Oliver
--
16 Fructidor an 217 de la Révolution
Liberté, Egalité, Fraternité!