Error when compiling CVS emacs on Mac OS snow leopard

From: ramblex
Subject: Error when compiling CVS emacs on Mac OS snow leopard
Date: Thu, 3 Sep 2009 04:34:09 -0700 (PDT)

Hi,
I recently upgraded Mac OS X to Snow Leopard and tried to compile CVS
emacs; I get the following error:

In file included from nsterm.h:20,
                 from nsterm.m:41:
dispextern.h:1250: error: array type has incomplete element type

the compiler then comes up with a load of errors such as
nsterm.m: In function ‘ns_get_glyph_string_clip_rect’:
nsterm.m:2479: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type

I configured with the following command:
./configure --with-ns

My gcc version is:
i686-apple-darwin10-gcc-4.2.1 (GCC) 4.2.1 (Apple Inc. build 5646)

Having tried to look at the source code it seems to be something to do
with NativeRectangle, which is defined as _NSRect in nsgui.h...I've
tried a few hacks but I don't know enough about how it all works. Any
ideas?