Re: Emacs 23 - unable to use mouse scroll on windows vista

From: martin rudalics
Subject: Re: Emacs 23 - unable to use mouse scroll on windows vista
Date: Fri, 04 Sep 2009 18:25:45 +0200

> On Microsoft Windows Vista, with emacs 23.1, mouse scroll does not
> work as expected. If
> you split windows and change to the new window, the mouse still
> scrolls the
> previous window. Here's how to reproduce the behavior:
>
> 1. Run emacs 23.1
> 2. Open a text file
> 3. Split the window with C-x 2
> 4. Change to other window and try to scroll with the mouse (you end up
> scrolling the initial window)

I once wrote a workaround for a similar problem, see

http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/bug-gnu-emacs/2008-09/msg00938.html

You could try the patch there (IIRC my basic idea was that Emacs
resamples the actual mouse position whenever it gets a vertical
scrollbar request, so the mouse must be in the window you want to
scroll).  If you have any questions please ask.

martin