Re: html browser preview help

From: rpd
Subject: Re: html browser preview help
Date: Fri, 4 Sep 2009 16:10:38 -0700 (PDT)

Hi

I still need some help to get to preview html files in my Internet Explorer
browser.

ken-93 helped me with some code (which opens Firefox browser) which I have
tried to adapt to do
this for Internet Explorer but it isn't working. I am using html-helper-mode

Here is my last current code try:

; Windows Internet explorer browser to go to the file in the current buffer

(defun browse-file-url-ie-new-tab (url &optional new-window)
  "Open the current file, the file associated with the current buffer,
 in a new IE tab."
  (interactive "i")
  (unless
    (string= ""
               (shell-command-to-string
                (concat "w32-shell-execute  open iexplore
'openURL(file://" buffer-file-name
", new-tab)'")))
    (message " Opening in IE new tab: " buffer-file-name)))
(setq browse-url-browser-function 'browse-file-url-ie-new-tab)

After I do ' M-x browse-file-url-ie-new-tab ' I get 'Opening in IE:' & then
'M-x-browse-url-'
in minibuffer.

I don't know why this preview function doesn't work for me by default for
html files in html-helper mode.
When I use the menu option (or from minibuffer) to 'Load this Buffer in
Browser' I get an InternetExplorer browser window to open but showing my
homepage, not the html file content.

I am most grateful if someone can help me to either get the above code to
open a local directory html file to open in Internet Explorer browser or to
suggest any other way I can preview html files to help me edit them.

I lok forward to some helpul reply, thanks