Re: How do I convert hex numbers to decimal ?

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: How do I convert hex numbers to decimal ?
Date: Mon, 07 Sep 2009 05:56:22 +0300

> From: bolega <gnuist006@gmail.com>
> Date: Sun, 6 Sep 2009 18:03:57 -0700 (PDT)
> Cc: gnuist006@gmail.com
>
> 1) How do I convert hex numbers to decimal ?

I presume you mean for external representation purposes, in which case
just use the %d format.  Otherwise, reading a hex number converts it
automatically, so you don't need to bother about the internal
representation.

> 2) How do I convert ascii to the character that it represents, short
> of a table ? Any function or simpler algorithm ?

Use the %d format again.

> 3) What are the variables

Type "C-h v read-quoted-char-radix RET" etc. and you will be shown the
documentation of the variable.

> and how to set their values ?

"M-x set-variable RET read-quoted-char-radix RET <value> RET"

> 4) How do i find the emacs lisp code for C-x = to see how it gives the
> ascii of the char at the cursor and then use to find the reverse, ie
> ascii to char ?

"C-k C-x =".

Sounds like you should read the basic parts of the Emacs manual and
the Elisp manual, before you start coding in Lisp.