Emacs Python rope

From: jakob fischer
Subject: Emacs Python rope
Date: Mon, 07 Sep 2009 21:01:36 +0200

Hello,
I am running Ubuntu 9.4. Since three days I am trying to install The
perfect python environment on emacs according to the howtos
http://www.enigmacurry.com/2009/01/19/my-emacs-config-on-github/ and
http://hide1713.wordpress.com/2009/01/30/setup-perfect-python-environment-in-emacs/

I allways get a void on functions in rope, even if I follow the hotow
step by step or just clone the github stuff from enigma curry. I
istalled the suggested versions of the libs and so on.

Does anybody have some knowledge about this perfect python environment
for emacs? And how can i get emacs to give me some decent debub info.

Note: I am pretty much an emacs newbie and do not understand lisp code.

Thank you, jakob