Adding clipboard content to the kill ring automatically (Windows)

From: PT
Subject: Adding clipboard content to the kill ring automatically (Windows)
Date: Sun, 13 Sep 2009 16:59:40 +0000 (UTC)

I use Emacs on Windows, but this issue probably applies to other OSes as well.

Suppose I want to copy some text to emacs from an other
program. I have x-select-enable-clipboard enabled, so this is no
problem, I copy some text in an other application and then
paste (yank) it into emacs.

However, usually when I'm getting to the paste part it occurs to
me I need to do some editing (which includes some killing)
beforehand, so I do it first, but then clipboard content is not
accessible anymore from emacs, because the kill commands have
modified the kill ring and paste uses that text instead of
clipboard contents.

Is there a way to add newly copied (from other apps) clipboard
text automatically to the kill ring, so it can be yanked from it
even if I do some killings first in emacs? I thought of using and
timer to do it, but it's kind of brute force. Is there a better
way?