Re: Adding clipboard content to the kill ring automatically (Windows)

From: PT
Subject: Re: Adding clipboard content to the kill ring automatically (Windows)
Date: Sun, 13 Sep 2009 17:48:02 +0000 (UTC)

Eli Zaretskii <eliz <at> gnu.org> writes:

> Yes, set x-select-enable-clipboard to nil, while you edit and don't
> want to clobber what's in the clipboard.  Then re-set it to t after
> you are done editing.

Okay, by automatically I meant some method which doesn't require manual
intervention.

Manually I can yank clipboard first, undo it, this way it gets to
the kill-ring, then do some other killings and finally retrieve
clipboard text from the kill ring with M-y

The point is I want some automatic solution like running an idle timer
every second or so which checks if there is new text on the clipboard
and if so then adds it to the kill ring. This is sort of a brute force
solution, having a constantly running timer, that's why I asked if there
is a  more intelligent automatic solution for the problem than that.