bug in (Aquamacs) Emacs ?

From: Dan Iancu
Subject: bug in (Aquamacs) Emacs ?
Date: Mon, 14 Sep 2009 17:18:04 -0400

        Hi,
I have noticed the following awkward bug in Emacs (Aquamacs 1.8 for MAC): After opening and editing files on remote servers (Tramp Mode), closing and then reopening Aquamacs, it is impossible to open any other files (even on local hard-drives). Aquamacs itself starts off well, but it is impossible to open any new buffer or search for existing files. Even quitting the application via Command+Q is not working anymore. The only fix that I could find for this was deleting 'Recent Files.el' from the Preferences folder, in which case everything returns to normal (after a Force Quit of Aquamacs). Any ideas what could be causing this? Any inputs would be much appreciated.
        Thank you,
                -Dan