C++ Indentation and access-labels

From: Marc Dürner
Subject: C++ Indentation and access-labels
Date: Mon, 14 Sep 2009 16:27:11 +0200

Hello,

I am trying to set up semantic indentation for C++ and can't find a way to configure the following indentation rule:

class A
{
    friend class X;

    int x;

    public:
        A();
        ~A();
};

struct B
{
    int n;
    bool b;
    char c;
};

I want to have class members and friend declarations indented by one level is no access-label is present. If an acces-label is present it should be indented and the class members that follow that access-label should be indented further. It seems the is no way to handle class memers differently if they are following an access-label. In the example above 'x' and 'A();' are both classified as inclass/topmost-intro.

Is there a way to configure this?

regards,
Marc