Creating a Tab binding to use within comments and other text ??

From: William Case
Subject: Creating a Tab binding to use within comments and other text ??
Date: Sat, 19 Sep 2009 13:12:27 -0400

Hi;

I started out this morning to create a key binding for a different TAB
key but nothing is working right.

I want to keep TAB, M-i and M-j just as they are.  I use them regularly.

But for text writing, particularly within comments, I want a 'text-tab'
that I can use to lineup lists and bullet points, sub topics etc.  I
don't want this 'text-tab' to interfere with the operation of the above.

It would be nice if I had a way to set tab stops for this 'text-tab'
that is independent of the main tab-stop bar.

So far I have being trying to bind something to s-i (s-<TAB> would be
useful as well) but almost any key combination would do.

Nothing on the Wiki jumped out at me.  All the possibilities there seem
to be for altering the main TAB functions.

Any suggestions?

--
Regards Bill
Fedora 11, Gnome 2.26.3