Re: Copying text from emacs to another application using M-w

From: notbob
Subject: Re: Copying text from emacs to another application using M-w
Date: Tue, 22 Sep 2009 16:11:03 GMT

On 2009-09-22, Harry Putnam <reader@newsguy.com> wrote:

> Now a third attempt of the same procedure: shift mouse to xterm, left
> drag to highlight filename ... shift mouse back to emacs and finally
> on the third attempt C-y pastes what I copied from the xterm with

Why do you keep using a mouse function to copy and then an emacs
function to paste?  Stick with one related function.  You did a proper
highlight with the left mouse button to copy.  Now, use the middle
mouse button (or whatever is passing for "middle button" on your
mouse) to paste the text you highlighted.  Works for me.

nb