Elisp Question...

From: magicus
Subject: Elisp Question...
Date: Sun, 27 Sep 2009 14:32:22 +0000 (UTC)

Hi,

I posted this to comp.emacs when this might be a more useful newgroup.

I am new to using elisp and I put together the following due to ignorance
about how to do it in one function:

==================================================================== (fset
'flp-cr
   "Copyright © 2009 Furlan Lawrence Primus. All rights reserved.")

(global-set-key (kbd "<f9>") 'flp-cr)

(fset 'flp-copyright
   [f9 home ?\C-  ?\C-e ?\M-w])

(global-set-key (kbd "<f8>") 'flp-copyright)

The main point here is that I wanted to be able to have it such that when
I press F8 it displays the text AND copys it so that I can then use it
outside of Emacs. The above seems to work and I'd like to make it a lot
more compact. In addition, while it works in version 22.2.1 it stops after
printing "Copyright" in version GNU Emacs 23.1.50.24 (i686-pc-linux- gnu,
GTK+ Version 2.16.1) of 2009-09-27 on magicbox which I compile earlier
from CVS.

The error message post was:

After 0 kbd macro iterations: up-list: Scan error: "Unbalanced
parentheses", 202, 202

TIA for any comments and suggestions.

ciao,

We are here to laugh at the odds and live our lives so well that Death
will tremble to take us.
-- Charles Bukowski