New config file

From: emacsuser
Subject: New config file
Date: Tue, 29 Sep 2009 14:13:51 -0700 (PDT)

Hi,

I am relatively new to emacs. I have been trying to get it to work on Linux.
I was told to rename the config file .emacs to something other than .emacs.
So I called it .emacs-ks. After customizing it, I called it using :
emacs -u .emacs-ks
It loads an emacs session ((not with the default serttings of .emacs). But I
have to type M-x load file, then give .emacs-ks. Only then does the config
settings take effect. I wasn't to be able to call .emacs-ks  without using
load file.

My question is, is there any way I can call emacs using a config file with
anem other than .emacs (I need to retain .emacs in my current folder for
other purposes)

Your help is really appreciated. i know this must be a silly problem for all
of you, but please bear with me.
Thanks,
Miki