Emacs 23 slower than Emacs 22

From: Olive
Subject: Emacs 23 slower than Emacs 22
Date: Wed, 30 Sep 2009 09:04:22 +0400

I am a little disappointed with emacs 23 (GNU/Linux system X11, self
compiled). It starts much slower than emacs 22 (while I have not
experienced this on emacs 23; I see than disable X11 XIM at compile
time improve the performance). While this remains acceptable on my usual
computer, it makes a real difference on my asus eeepc 701. Also
resizing the main windows causes a lag. This happens even when I
disable freetype and I use LUCID as toolkit at compile time. Has anyone
else experienced this? For the moment I believe I remains with emacs 22
(which satisfies all my need).

Olive