Re: In emacs 23 compile-mode doesn't recognize (c)perl error messages

From: LanX
Subject: Re: In emacs 23 compile-mode doesn't recognize (c)perl error messages
Date: Thu, 1 Oct 2009 20:52:01 +0200

( one again I forgot to reply to all :-)

Cperl-mode is part of GNU Emacs, so there is no sense in installing some foreign file with the same name. Except looking for trouble...

I installed the newest version of cperl (6.2) to show that it doesn't change the situation, but documenting it out doesn't improve it. (Ilya often claimes that the bundled version is buggy, so I had to test this out)

And as I said also perl-mode doesn't work with compile-mode. OTOH sh and python match errors without problems.

> > Well,did you try it out?

> I don't know what you are asking here. I have a handful of different Emacsen running (20.7-23.1.50). They don't interfere – except I try to start server more often than once.

You asked me to change the init files and I think I showed with my little test-case that there is a bug with the combination of cperl-mode, compile-mode and emacs-23!

To help tracking down the problem, you may test it on your system and try to confirm it or not...

Alternatively I would appreciate a .emacs that fixes this problem.

Cheers
  Rolf