Re: Is it possible to bind "C-)" in emacs23?

From: quodlibetor
Subject: Re: Is it possible to bind "C-)" in emacs23?
Date: Thu, 1 Oct 2009 14:22:03 -0700 (PDT)

> That's the right syntax:
>
>   (local-set-key (kbd "C-)") 'foo)
>
> Bye,
> Tassilo

Ohhh. Thanks Tassilo, that worked. I think I finally understand what
the heck is going on with the *-set-key commands, now.

Thanks also to everybody else!

I normally work from within X, although I do sometimes ssh into
things, so thanks for the warnings that it won't work sometimes.

The C-x ESC ESC thing doesn't work, though, because emacs says that
"there is no complex command to repeat", which I guess means that if
it can't do anything, it doesn't record it?

Thanks again for the fast responses!