emacs - some navigation keys aren't working

From: Daniel Dalton
Subject: emacs - some navigation keys aren't working
Date: Sat, 3 Oct 2009 19:18:40 +1000

Hi,

A few of my navigation keys in emacs don't appear to be working, for
example meta (alt key), shift and , to go to the top of the file does
nothing. Same with bottom of file. It seems to work fine when it is ran
from x though. Used to work fine, before my holiday, not sure what has
changed. I've done a few updates and perhaps something else to cause
this issue, but I'm not sure. so does anyone know what I've done? Has
the keymap or layout settings been changed? I'm not sure why it works in
X and not on the console? Any ideas?

Thanks,
Dan.