Dvorak/Svorak in Emacs

From: Johan Andersson
Subject: Dvorak/Svorak in Emacs
Date: Sat, 3 Oct 2009 14:58:12 +0000

Hi!

I've been thinking for a while about testing Dvorak in Emacs (or Svorak for me since I'm from Sweden). Before I started I out, I googled a bit about  "emacs dvorak", but to my suprise got really few hits about this. So I thought I'd ask here.

First off I found out that you could do C-\ english-dvorak RET, which would activate Dvorak but still keep the the Emacs keybindings (So that you don't have to type C-l to go to the previous line). But that does not help me all the way, since I want to use Svorak. And by only switching the Xorg keyboard layout to Svorak, I'd still have to somehow remap all keybindings in Emacs.

So the question is basically: How do I get Svorak working in Emacs? And do any of you even use Dvorak at all? I mean Emacs users often use Emacs because you can do things really fast, so I tought that many Emacs users would use Dvorak.

Thanks!