Re: Dvorak/Svorak in Emacs

From: Johan Andersson
Subject: Re: Dvorak/Svorak in Emacs
Date: Sat, 3 Oct 2009 22:51:47 +0000

I guess I could try that. But it does seems like a lot of time to get used to that. I mean, learning how to use C-n, C-f, etc... instead of using the arrows took quite some time.

Lets say I want to keep the bindings at their current positions, how would I go about that? Would I have to remap all bindings? I guess I could check before each command is executed, what the command was. If it was a self-insert-command I would do nothing. Otherwise I would translate the binding to the dvorak layout, and the run the function. This would result in that the regular typing will be the dvorak way, but all other function calls would be mapped against qwerty. I guess no one has such code lying around? ;)