Re: about showing all characters including non-printable, control etc

From: Harry Putnam
Subject: Re: about showing all characters including non-printable, control etc
Date: Sat, 03 Oct 2009 21:21:36 -0500

John A Pershing Jr <pershing@alum.mit.edu> writes:

>> How can I make emacs show all the characters in a given line?
>
> Ummmm...  By default, Emacs *does* show all the characters in each
> line.  Can you give us a bit more detail on what sort of characters you
> are using, and what is (or isn't) getting displayed?
>
> Note: ...

In the instant case I was looking for tabs in a rc file that requires
tabs and not spc... here is a sample:
(Its an rsnapshot.conf file)

There two tabs after each variable name... then the value:

  # All snapshots will be stored under this root directory.
  snapshot_root /bk/rsnap/home
  cmd_cp                /bin/cp
  # uncomment this to use the rm program instead of the built-in perl routine
  cmd_rm                /bin/rm

Maybe its just a setting on my end and only tabs are invisible.

Do you see the two tabs by default?