Re: about showing all characters including non-printable, control etc

From: Bernardo
Subject: Re: about showing all characters including non-printable, control etc
Date: Mon, 05 Oct 2009 09:39:08 +1100

does M-x apropos RET whitespace RET
list whitespace-mode?

yes... (thanks) under global-whitespace-mode
From what it says apparently if you have global-whitespace-mode on you
should have a WS on mode line that toggles `visualization' on/off.

I have that. `WS' with it on... what am I supposed to see?
if you
* start Emacs with -Q command line option
* switch to *scratch* buffer
* type global-whitespace-mode RET
* type C-q TAB
do you see anything different?

BTW are you running Emacs in a terminal or as an (X) windows application?