Re: Dvorak/Svorak in Emacs

From: Xah Lee
Subject: Re: Dvorak/Svorak in Emacs
Date: Tue, 6 Oct 2009 08:51:28 -0700 (PDT)

On Oct 5, 2:39 am, Johan Andersson <johan.rej...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Xah Lee, You say this at your site: "This shortcut set is designed based on
> ergonomic principles". What about efficiency? I guess ergonomics and
> efficiency could be related. But not necessarily.

typically efficiency is part of the consideration of ergonomics.

See:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ergonomics

Quote: «Ergonomics (or human factors) is the scientific discipline
concerned with the understanding of interactions among humans and
other elements of a system, and the profession that applies theory,
principles, data and methods to design in order to optimize human well-
being and overall system performance.»

Note the last few words: “... and overall system performance”.

  Xah
∑ http://xahlee.org/