Re: In emacs 23 compile-mode doesn't recognize (c)perl error messages

From: Peter Dyballa
Subject: Re: In emacs 23 compile-mode doesn't recognize (c)perl error messages
Date: Sat, 10 Oct 2009 10:22:16 +0200

On 2009-10-01, Peter Dyballa wrote:
In my experience, it usually is.  What makes you say so, and what
makes it particularly "obvious"?

Because GNU Emacs 23.1 works with the files that come with it.
Problems so often come from external files...

This is a MAJORLY remarkable attitude.  I'm discussing framing this
and putting it on my wall...  Maybe it is more clear after minor
rewording:

Our program does not have problems. If you have problems, they are yours.

===

Let me repeat: in my experience, if older Emacs "works", and newer one
"does not", in about 95% of cases it indicates a bug in newer Emacs,
not in Elisp code calling Emacs...

Hope this helps,

Yes, for me this is helpful. It helps me strengthening my opinion. LanX yesterday posted patches for compile-mode.el...

--
Greetings

  Pete

Some day we may discover how to make magnets that can point in any direction.