keyboard-translate not working with emacs daemon

From: Ryo
Subject: keyboard-translate not working with emacs daemon
Date: Sun, 11 Oct 2009 19:18:18 -0700 (PDT)

I have

(keyboard-translate ?\C-h ?\C-?)

in my .emacs but this doesn't work with emacs daemon.  Does somebody
know whether this is a bug on emacs23 and if so, whether it has been
reported?

Everything else in .emacs works.  If you evaluate the function above
on emacsclient, it starts to work.  When you invoke emacs without
making it a daemon, the keyboard translation works.

Regards,
Ryo
If you wonder why I don't use
  (global-set-key "\C-h" 'delete-backward-char),
it no longer work everywhere as of emacs23.  (Before emacs23, it
worked everywhere as far as I know.)  For example, C-h seems to be
assigned to a separate function (that is not delete-backward-char) in
the incremental search.  So, C-h still invokes a help-like function
there, which is annoying.