Re: Newbie question: Where to find emacs stqrtup file on Windows

From: Jon Solberg
Subject: Re: Newbie question: Where to find emacs stqrtup file on Windows
Date: Sun, 11 Oct 2009 14:11:32 +0000 (UTC)

On 2009-10-11, bar tomas <bartomas@gmail.com> wrote:

> I've downloaded emacs22.3-bin-i386.zip from
> http://ftp.gnu.org/gnu/windows/emacs/ I've unzipped the archive and
> searched for either ".emacs.el" , ".emacs" or "_emacs" but have
> found none of these.  Where should the startup file be exactly?

Well, if you read the FAQ on installing GNU Emacs under MS Windows
you'll find:

http://www.gnu.org/software/emacs/windows/Installing-Emacs.html#Installing-Emacs.

(section 3.5 "Where do I put my init file?" is of interest to you)

You did read it, right? ;-)

--
Jon Solberg (remove "nospam" from email address).