Re: Moving from Thunderbird to Emacs for mail and calendar

From: Ted Zlatanov
Subject: Re: Moving from Thunderbird to Emacs for mail and calendar
Date: Tue, 13 Oct 2009 14:31:52 -0500

On Tue, 13 Oct 2009 15:33:28 +0000 Jeff Clough <jeff@chaosphere.com> wrote:

JC> Where the Gnus documentation exists, it's awful.  This is in direct
JC> contrast of Mew, where I was able to look at one page of text, follow
JC> a handful of steps and have a working MUA in less than an hour.

Perhaps I'm weird (OK, s/Perhaps//), but I recall using the Gnus docs
when I first tried Gnus and successfully configuring everything.  This
was before I was comfortable with Emacs Lisp at all.  These days I work
on Gnus so I'm not impartial :)

I've wanted to use the Gnus assistants (available in theory for years
now) to make the initial setup easier.  I simply haven't had time.  This
would be a fun project for someone interested in making Gnus users less
frustrated.

Ted