Re: Help: execute scripts form emacs

From: Maurizio Vitale
Subject: Re: Help: execute scripts form emacs
Date: Tue, 13 Oct 2009 16:49:51 -0400

>>>>> "wdysun" == wdysun  <grammophonia@gmail.com> writes:

    wdysun> Hello dears,

    wdysun> suppose I have a script in /bin, let us assume it is called
    wdysun> mytex. Suppose I am editing a file called filename.tex.

    wdysun> If I run the following command from the console:

    wdysun> $ mytex filename

    wdysun> this will do several things (tex the filename with several
    wdysun> options, then convert the dvi to pdf and it deletes all aux
    wdysun> files I don't need).

    wdysun> There is a way to launch the script from emacs or even to
    wdysun> build a function so that I can run the command just with M -
    wdysun> something?

You can do two things:

    - in a buffer local variable set the compile command to mytex
      filename and then use M-x compile

    - but if your script is only for running latex as much as needed,
      then bibtex, then latex again (and maybe switch between the dvi
      and pdf path), do yourself a favour and use AUCTeX
      (http://www.gnu.org/software/auctex/). You won't look back.

OTH,

        Maurizio