Re: Moving from Thunderbird to Emacs for mail and calendar

From: Francis Moreau
Subject: Re: Moving from Thunderbird to Emacs for mail and calendar
Date: Thu, 15 Oct 2009 12:59:27 -0700 (PDT)

On 13 oct, 15:58, Richard Riley <rileyrg...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Jeff Clough <j...@chaosphere.com> writes:
> > From: Andreas Politz <poli...@fh-trier.de>
> > Date: Mon, 12 Oct 2009 19:12:36 +0200

> > Every Emacs feature I've wanted and tried to use works very well with
> > Mew, or at least no worse than to be expected under Windows.
>
> >> So what is your experience with Mew concerning ease of setup, huge mail
> >> boxes, message threading and general performance ?
>
> > Setting up Mew was several orders of magnitude easier than setting up
> > Gnus, which I was never able to successfully do.  A good part of this
>
> What part were you unable to do? Did you have it reading mail at all?

BTW, one thing is really annoying with gnus is that it screw all my
current window configuration (window layout) when I start composing a
new article/mail.

I did (setq gnus-use-full-window nil) but gnus always use a full
window when writing a new mail.

Do you  have/know any setup which could fix this behaviour ?

thanks