clearing melted regexp search options

From: synhedionn
Subject: clearing melted regexp search options
Date: Thu, 15 Oct 2009 23:33:39 -0700 (PDT)

In Emacs, we have tab Options>Customize Emacs> 1.Settings matching regexp

3.Faces

4.Groups

a)What is the difference between them?
I suppose 3 is for faces colors, but aren't Faces one subcategorie of
options?
b)Concretely, which one of these search option must I use to see all
"options" relative to colors tweaking(perhaps searching #[0-9]{6}, but which
of 1-4 search item to use)?
c)can you give concrete calls exemples, moreover for 1 and 2?