parent-document in nxml mode?

From: Stephen Langer
Subject: parent-document in nxml mode?
Date: Fri, 16 Oct 2009 19:04:12 -0400

Hi --

I'm just switching from psgml to nxml for editing xml files. In psgml, I could set sgml-parent-document in a file to indicate that it was included in another file. Is it possible to do something similar in nxml-mode? The parent file contains entity definitions that are used in the child files, and without the definitions nxml mode thinks that the child documents aren't valid.

Thanks,
      Steve

--
-- stephen.langer@nist.gov                    Tel: (301) 975-5423 --
-- http://math.nist.gov/mcsd/Staff/SLanger/   Fax: (301) 975-3553 --

-- "I don't think this will work.  That's why it's science."      --
--                     Naomi Langer (age 6),  17 Feb 2003         --