Re: [Emacs 23] Does not show euro sign

From: David Combs
Subject: Re: [Emacs 23] Does not show euro sign
Date: Sun, 18 Oct 2009 01:21:29 +0000 (UTC)

In article <mailman.7846.1254409723.2239.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>,
Peter Dyballa  <Peter_Dyballa@Web.DE> wrote:

>If this does not help, bisecting can. It's a method of commenting one
>half of your init file and launching GNU Emacs. When the error is
>gone, then it's in the commented section. Otherwise it's in the not
>yet commented section. Now take care of the culprit section and
>divide it. And so on, until you've located the guilty line.

Maybe someone good with elisp, and for the good of us all,
could automate this bisection -- eg, not splitting defuns, etc.

AND even recursively, since I imagine that lots of .emacs-files
do a load-file on a 2nd-level ".emacs".

And maybe even then run emacs, with provided user-input!

This bisection-scheme -- I imagine we all use it -- sure involves
a lot of work (grunt-work)!

More on that "recursive" idea:  when the single-level bisection
homes in on the load-file as the problem, then a way (by hand,
I guess) to say "ok, bisection.{c,sh,...}, let's do it again,
but this time don't start bisecting until you get to that
load-library (or enter that file?)"?

(in the unfortunate situation that the "green shoots" they're
saying they see in this economy turn brown and die, and someone
here thus thereafter ends up with time on his/her hands, maybe then?)

David