CUA mode behavior

From: justareader
Subject: CUA mode behavior
Date: Tue, 20 Oct 2009 17:41:29 -0700 (PDT)

I am relatively a new user of emacs trying to get learn emacs. I am
coming from Windows world.

I have enabled cua-mode in my .emacs to use the standard keyboard
bindings for the cut/copy/paste behavior.

Cut and Copy works well but I see paste behavior is inconsistent.

For eg, if I select a word say "Word1", copy it using Ctrl+C and
later
select another word say "Word2" and now paste using Ctrl+V, the
"Word2" is replaced with "Word1" but then "Word2" replaces "Word1" in
the clipboard. This does not occur in windows, unix or other OS
applications. In other apps, Word1 is still in Clipboard and
subsequent paste replaces the selected word with "Word1".

How can I enable this behavior in emacs.

Following is the CUA related initialization segment in my .emacs
file.

;; Enable cua-mode
(cua-mode t)
(setq cua-keep-region-after-copy t)