Re: widgets in regular buffers ?

From: Pierre Lorenzon
Subject: Re: widgets in regular buffers ?
Date: Thu, 22 Oct 2009 08:18:31 +0200 (CEST)

Hi,

I'd say that there can be large editable portions in a widget
buffer, implementing what you want. But since you've put a
widget in a "regular" buffer, you've to run `widget-setup' to
make this widget active. From this point buffer is no longer
"regular" even if the `widget-setup' method does not set a new
mode. Anyway, the `widget-setup' method modifies certain buffer
components.

Regards

Pierre