Re: perl TeXinfo docs emacs

From: Ilya Zakharevich
Subject: Re: perl TeXinfo docs emacs
Date: Sat, 24 Oct 2009 18:19:24 +0000 (UTC)

On 2009-10-24, LanX <lanx.perl@googlemail.com> wrote:
> whatever perlversion I update or CPAN-Module I install man or perldoc
> always show the most recent documentation.

... because somebody (installbin and/or installman scripts) do the
work for you.

> pod2texi is a seperate process which has to be run seperately to
> update the tex and info files, with the result that the files produced
> are most of the time outdated.

If you want pod2texi to be run automatically when a module or Perl
distribution is installed, raise the issue on Perl lists.  You need
also to specify conditions in which the script would recognize the
need to install TeXinfo.

  [I added c.l.p.m to newsgroups]

> AFAIK emacs needs these files to be installed in a special directory

... same as with any other format...

> and parsed at start up.

If true, this may be easily circumvented.

Yours,
Ilya