Re: conditionals in elisp

From: Sean Sieger
Subject: Re: conditionals in elisp
Date: Tue, 27 Oct 2009 13:03:51 -0400

    The OP was looking for a quick lookup programmers guide to common elisp
    constructs. The elisp manual is not really quite so convenient : good
    though it can be.

    People frequently want to modify an existing feature without learning
    the entire emacs infrastructure.

    Pointing to existing code is one such way to help. Suggesting he parse
    it all with perl probably not quite so helpful ..

    Personally whenever I revisit elisp I find Xah Lee's tutorial helpful at
    times.

Look at me!  I can challenge a knowledgeable contributor!  (One whose
depth of knowledge is clearly illustrated in the archives.)

One day you'll get off the fence and know your limitations as a
contributor or as a troll and become decidedly one or the other.  My
guess is that you need a role model that is a better fit than Xah.