emacs won't open files at startup from command line

From: J. David Boyd
Subject: emacs won't open files at startup from command line
Date: Wed, 28 Oct 2009 13:30:57 -0400

I could use some help troubleshooting this.

I've been using emacs for years, and years, right now I'm running it on
cygwin, under Windows XP Pro.

When I start up emacs, it doesn't load the files I name on the command
line, unless I do an 'emacs -q' to not load any init files.

Obviously, it must be something in my .emacs file, but I don't see
anything that I've changed in the recent past.

Where should I start to debug this?  I don't get any errors when it
runs, it just refuses to load anything from the command line.

Emacs is GNU Emacs 23.1.1 (i686-pc-cygwin, X toolkit, Xaw3d scroll bars)
of 2009-08-03.

Emacsclient works fine, Ctl-X f works fine.

Could this be from an error I missed at compile time?  Any ideas?

Dave in Largo, FL