Re: emacs won't open files at startup from command line

From: J. David Boyd
Subject: Re: emacs won't open files at startup from command line
Date: Fri, 30 Oct 2009 10:33:48 -0400

> david@adboyd.com (J. David Boyd) writes:
>
> Hi Dave,
>
>> Been trying to avoid that.  I was hoping that it was a compilation
>> error of some kind,...
>
> if it was, then you would have some error message in the *Messages*
> buffer after startup.  You could also start emacs as "emacs
> --debug-init" to get a backtrace of the error.
>
> ,----[ (info "(emacs)Initial Options") ]
> | `--debug-init'
> |      Enable the Emacs Lisp debugger for errors in the init file.  *Note
> |      Entering the Debugger on an Error: (elisp)Error Debugging.
> `----
>

> Bye,
> Tassilo

No, I don't mean compilation of the .el or .emacs file.  I mean that,
when I compiled this from code, that maybe there was an error in the
piece that reads the command line to load the file, and I missed the
error message going by.

I think, just to be on the safe side, first I'll recompile it, and catch
the output into a file.

If that abides me nothing, I'll have to start commenting out my .emacs,
a line at a time.

Thanks,

Dave