Problems with mumamo in org-mode

From: Nordlöw
Subject: Problems with mumamo in org-mode
Date: Sat, 31 Oct 2009 13:05:48 -0700 (PDT)

I would like to syntax highlight source code snippets in org-mode.el

I have used mumamo for this purpose with org-mode.el but I have found
it really buggy. Is mmm-mode more stable/mature?

Thanks in advance,
Nordlöw

code follows:

(defvar mumamo-org-modes
  '(ruby-mode emacs-lisp-mode c-mode)
  "Modes to include in org-files")

(defvar mumamo-org-chunk-functions
  nil
  "The automatically defined mumamo-chunk-org-* functions for use
cramming other modes into org-mode.  See `mumamo-org-modes'
`mumamo-quick-static-chunk'.")

(setq mumamo-org-chunk-functions
      (mapcar                               ;for
       (lambda (mode)                       ;each mode given
         (let* ((m-str (symbol-name mode))
                (m-name (substring m-str 0 (- (length m-str) 5))))
           (eval `(defun ,(intern (format "mumamo-chunk-org-%S" mode))
(pos min max) ;define org mode mumamo
                    ,(format "%s support inside org BEGIN END blocks"
mode)
                    (mumamo-quick-static-chunk
                     pos min max
                     (format "#+BEGIN_SRC %s" ,m-name)
                     (format "#+END_SRC %s" ,m-name)
                     t (quote ,mode) nil)))))
       mumamo-org-modes))

(eval `(define-mumamo-multi-major-mode org-mumamo
         ,(format "Turn on multiple major modes with main major mode
org-mode.\n\n%s"
                  (mapconcat (lambda (el) (format "- %S" el))
                             mumamo-org-modes "\n"))
         ("Org Source Blocks Family" org-mode ,mumamo-org-chunk-
functions)))