Re: No filenames in Buffers menu

From: Peter Flynn
Subject: Re: No filenames in Buffers menu
Date: Mon, 02 Nov 2009 23:21:39 +0000

Drew Adams wrote:
See also buff-menu+.el. I haven't tried to track changes in CVS Emacs, but it works fine in the Emacs 23 release
(23.1.1), as well as older versions.
That's very nice, thanks, but I'd still prefer to have my recent buffers in the Buffers menu like they always used
to be. I wonder why they took them away?

I guess (?) you're confirming that something has changed between Emacs 23.1.1
and the latest CVS Emacs in this regard. If so, `M-x report-emacs-bug'.

I'm using the default Emacs installed from the Ubuntu package manager, which turns out to be 22.

Even if it was a willful change, which is not certain, you can register your
opinion (e.g. request an option to get the old behavior back).

More likely just a bug. I'll find another version, thanks.

///Peter