controlling the order of split window and the buffers from command line

From: nicknick
Subject: controlling the order of split window and the buffers from command line
Date: Fri, 6 Nov 2009 03:46:00 -0800 (PST)

hi. the problem is:
I want to use emacs as a user interface for octave. I want to make a
unix alias
that opens emacs with 3 splitted zones, one of them includes the
octave-mode terminal, one in a revert mode reading the octave history
file, and one with the actual source file I want to open. I also want
to be able to specify exactly the split order and the buffers that
open in each zone. can this be achieved?