print with DejaVu font from emacs

From: harven
Subject: print with DejaVu font from emacs
Date: Mon, 09 Nov 2009 16:38:34 +0100

I recently switched to emacs23.1.1 and the unicode support is great.
I use the default DejaVuSansMono font in emacs, but when I try to do
a ps-print-buffer or ps-spool-buffer, it uses the Courier font.
Thus the result is disappointing because Courier does not support
a lot of unicode characters.

I tried to set ps-font-family to "Monospace" or "DejaVuSansMono"
which is the default font on my DE (gnome 2.28). But I get the warning
"don't have data to scale font Monospace. Known fonts family are (Courier..."
The list of known fonts is pretty short and I don't think that any of them
supports the whole unicode range.

I am a bit clueless about that scaling issue. (this is not an problem related
to the printer or system, gedit prints without problem with that font).
How can I make emacs use the Monospace font for printing ?

Thanks for your help,
--
Harven